Bug-In/Bug-Out Tipping Points for Urban residents

Started by Booed Off Stage, Dec 19, 2023, 09:20 AM

Share This Post - Click Here
Bug-In/Bug-Out Tipping Points for Urban residents ??

Like most here, I would prefer to just bug-in and ride out any emergencies.  But living in a densely populated area (Cincinnati), there are certain scenarios where that is a bad idea.  So I thought some discussion in which scenarios evacuating to another location is a better idea.

Here's a few for me -

Pandemic
EMP/MCE
Large Scale Domestic Civil Unrest

Others that I think it's better to stay put -

Economic Collapse
Hurricane or other Natural Disaster
Attack by a Foreign Nation

I think that just as important as deciding which situations you want to bug out for is deciding WHEN to do it.  The earlier the better.  Beat the crowds.  I certainly don't want to get trapped on the road surrounded by hundreds of thousands of panicky sheeple clogging up every possible route.  That's why I worry so much about when to stay and when to go.

Thoughts?

Link

Booed Off Stage

Bug-In/Bug-Out Tipping Points for Urban residents ??

Like most here, I would prefer to just bug-in and ride out any emergencies.  But living in a densely populated area (Cincinnati), there are certain scenarios where that is a bad idea.  So I thought some discussion in which scenarios evacuating to another location is a better idea.

Here's a few for me -

Pandemic
EMP/MCE
Large Scale Domestic Civil Unrest

Others that I think it's better to stay put -

Economic Collapse
Hurricane or other Natural Disaster
Attack by a Foreign Nation

I think that just as important as deciding which situations you want to bug out for is deciding WHEN to do it.  The earlier the better.  Beat the crowds.  I certainly don't want to get trapped on the road surrounded by hundreds of thousands of panicky sheeple clogging up every possible route.  That's why I worry so much about when to stay and when to go.

Thoughts?
  •